The Counseling Intervention Services provides supportive activities and active intervention provided to a child and his/her family. The service helps to:
• Improve problem solving abilities
• Improve coping skills
• Strengthen intra- and interpersonal functioning
• Prevent or alleviate conditions which present a risk to the safety and well being of the child
• Stabilize the family unit
• Strengthen their capacity to function independently in the community
Included in this service are activities such as coordination and assistance in the use of the total network of community resources and services needed by the family; advocating for the rights, needs, and entitlements of children and families; and assisting the family in developing parenting and homemaking and other life skills.